[rdiff-backup-users] globbing include/exclude syntax

From: Jakub Hrozek
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] globbing include/exclude syntax
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 00:02:13 +0100

Hello,
I'm setting up rdiff-backup as our backup solution, but I have encountered a
problem with the globbing syntax.

What I want to achieve is to recursively backup /some/directory but
not /some/directory/junk (among others). So, my include file contains:

+ /some/directory
- /some/directory/junk
- **

and I'm running the backup as:
$ rdiff-backup --include-globbing-filelist include-list /
somewhere.com::/path/to/backup

The problem is, that /some/directory/junk is backed up even though I've
excluded it. Did I not grasp the syntax/semantics of globbing correctly? Or
am I just doing something silly? FWIW, I'm using rdiff-backup-1.0.5 on Fedora
7.

Thank you for your time,
Jakub

--