Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup for windows has a problem with roo

From: Maarten Bezemer
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup for windows has a problem with root directory
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 22:05:30 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008, ahd71 wrote:

> The workaround with the dot in 'c:\.' would be fine but when using
> include and exclude statements I can't get it to work as it results in
> the following errormessage:
>
> Fatal Error: Fatal Error: The file specification
>     ''c:\dir1'
> cannot match any files in the base directory
>     'c:\.'

If you are instructing rdiff-backup to backup c:\. then your
include/exclude list should also be based on that directory. So I guess
you should be consistent and change it to c:\.\dir1 if you want this
workaround to ehm.. work ;-)

By the way, did you try "c:" or "c:\.\" as source paths?
Or, change the current working directory to c:\ and run rdiff-backup with
"." as source path.

HTH,
 Maarten