[rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup Design

From: Gabriel Hahmann
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup Design
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 20:00:32 -0300

Hi,

I'm new to the list and I'm trying to find the best tool to do my
backup's. In fact I alredy finded, duplicity and rdiff-backup.

Both of them had things that I like and similarities, so my big
question is, Why I can't do a backup with rdiff-backup over an ftp
connection? What functions do it need from ssh that is not available
from ftp?

I've search all around and even in the rdiff-backup main page I found
how it works.

Could someone help me understanding the design of rdiff-backup,
basically what it do with ssh that cant be done with ftp.

Thanks in advance.

Gabriel.