Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Append Only Backup

From: Alex Samad
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Append Only Backup
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 12:13:02 +1100

On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 04:36:57PM -0800, Aleksandr Levchuk wrote:
> Dear rdiff-backup community,

[snip]

> The only thing that I have yet to figure out is:
>   1. A way to allow a push incremental backup to Container A
>       while storing the majority of the data as read-only.

I think you need to read how rdiff-backup works, I don't think it will
be able to do what you want. it keeps a current copy of files and keeps
deltas to make up previous backup points

--
"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test."

        - George W. Bush
02/21/2001
Townsend, TN