Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Q. on max-file-size behavior

From: Whit Blauvelt
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Q. on max-file-size behavior
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 17:53:20 -0500

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 04:37:02PM -0600, Josh Nisly wrote:
> The "impossible calculation" may be gzipping the 16GB file -
> rdiff-backup gzips deleted files to save space.

That would be curious, since the file wasn't deleted on the original system.
If you're right then --max-file-size = treat as if the original's been
deleted. Which seems wrong, since it hasn't been. I think that would qualify
as a bug?

Not really complaining. Rdiff-backup's obviously better here than rsync
itself - that is, the older rdiff-backup's better than the very latest
rsync. Surprising, but there we are.

Whit