Re: [rdiff-backup-users] strange read-only file error

From: Eric Beversluis
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] strange read-only file error
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 19:32:03 -0400

The discussion is getting interesting. Thanks.

In previous rdiff backups, the .gvfs file was simply ignored. So I don't
think this could have caused the problem.

External HDD could be the problem. I had serious trouble with a WD
Passport because of some crap on it that couldn't be removed and
basically wouldn't let me use it with Linux (and WD was very snotty
about not providing Linux support for their HDDs). Now I'm using a USB
Toshiba drive (same small size as Passport). I may need to use my
Y-cable to get appropriate and consistent power for it?