[rdiff-backup-users] File ownership on a portable drive

From: Grant
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] File ownership on a portable drive
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 22:29:47 -0800

For a long time I had rdiff-backup push backups to an external hard disk attached to my desktop.  I moved and put the desktop in storage and now I'm putting the backup system back together with my laptop taking the place of the desktop.  I noticed that ownership info seems to be lost from the repository since the hard disk is attached to a different system now.  Does rdiff-backup preserve the ownership info in a different way or is it gone for good?

- Grant