Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Fatal Error: Lost connection to the remote syst

From: Dominic Raferd
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Fatal Error: Lost connection to the remote system
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 07:47:00 +0100

Are you running this over the internet? I wouldn't advise this precisely because of these sorts of problems. rdiff-backup really needs a reliable connection, rsync is better for backup over the internet. If you need the extra functionality of rdiff-backup, either run rdiff-backup locally on the remote system (or its lan) and then rsync the resulting repository to your laptop, or rsync the data from remote to your laptop and then use rdiff-backup locally on your laptop. I do the former.