Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Deleteing Files from repository

From: Dominic Raferd
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Deleteing Files from repository
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 07:59:25 +0000

Hello Stephen

Of course you do realise (now!) that you must never delete stuff from an active repository by using rm...

Assuming you still have, somewhere else, the directory that you deleted from your repository, I would suggest that you copy this back into the repository, then run rdiff-backup with --check-destination-dir. It might work it might not. If you haven't got this file anywhere then you could carry on using rdiff-backup and ignore these error messages. I think/hope that rdiff-backup will carry on working fine with the rest of the data in the repository.

Dominic