[rdiff-backup-users] Safe to start new backup while old increments are b

From: Florian Hollerweger
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Safe to start new backup while old increments are being removed?
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2014 09:43:25 +0100

Hi,

I recently ran an rdiff-backup while (much) older increments were still being
removed via --remove-older-than from the same repository. Is this safe to do?

Although it seems that both processes were eventually completed successfully
without throwing any warnings or error messages, I still wanted to make sure I
can rely on the integrity of my backup.

The same question has been asked (but not unequivocally answered) at