Re: [rdiff-backup-users] backup keeps failing

From: Dominic Raferd
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] backup keeps failing
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 07:52:02 +0000

I doubt is to do with SSH. My guess is that your (C) backup repository was already somehow corrupted on the destination. So when you tried to run another session to it, rdiff-backup automatically started a regression to get back to a safe starting point for the backup. In itself this can take a very long time, and also regressions of larger archives can require a *lot* of temporary space; if this runs out then the backup might hang. I suggest running something like this on the server:

rdiff-backup --check-destination-dir --tempdir /somewhere/with/lots/of/space /mnt/hda1/rdiffbackup.repositorys/address@hidden