Re: [rdiff-backup-users] backup keeps failing

From: Dominic Raferd
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] backup keeps failing
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2015 06:14:35 +0000

I don't think temporary space is likely to be an issue on the destination machine when doing a backup run. But if you want to rule out the out-of-temp issue at the destination when running rdiff-backup remotely, you need to use the --remote-tempdir switch, not --tempdir.

Removing the rdiff-backup-data subdirectory from your repository - as you did - will destroy the repository I think; IMO the error message that suggests it is confusing at best. Time to start over, I agree.

How much swap space does your microcore machine have? And how much processing power?

Dominic