rule-list

Re: [RULE] Office on fluxbox

From: Ingo Lantschner
Subject: Re: [RULE] Office on fluxbox
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 20:03:09 +0200

> AbiWord
thanks for the tip, I found it on RH9 CD-ROM Dísk two. After solving
some dependencies (dokumentation will follow) I run into this problem,
when calling 'abiword' from the xterm:
> AbiWord could not load the following font of fontset from the X Window System
> display server:
>            [-*-Times New Roman-regular-r-*-*-*-0-*-*-*-*-*-*]

After this Error AbiWord closes.

Some sources on the internet write about xfs (which is running on my
system), direct font-pathes, etc. but all of them assume, that XFree is
running.  Do you have any idea how to solve this issue on TinyX/fluxbox
systems?

Bye, Ingo.

P.S. Just for the case you want to reproduce the error, here the
packages one must install for abiword:

needs from RH9 Disk 1:
        libtool-libs (CD1)
        libpng10 (CD1)