[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [gnu.org #253424] News/information sources

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [gnu.org #253424] News/information sources
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 19:29:06 +0200

On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 11:22:25AM -0400, Ward Vandewege via RT wrote:
> > [beuc - Tue Oct 04 04:32:50 2005]:
> > The Savannah volunteers are the first people contacted when there is a
> > problem in a Savannah project, which includes any service we offer,
> > even those we do not admnister directly such as webpages and mailing
> > lists.
> >
> > In this regard it would be good to know about any change in those
> > services to answer appropriately to the users. For example, there are
> > spam-related solutions at www.gnu.org that we never heard of, yet we
> > could point people to them when they experience spam issues.
>
> We have something that is not quite up to standard, and would therefore
> prefer it not to be publicly announced just yet.
>
> We are working on a permanent solution for the spam problem, and plan to
> roll it out in a few months.

Glad to hear about it :)

Beware that the spam system was mentioned at gnu-prog-discuss, you
might get / have gotten quite a few requests.

Be the system ready for widespread use or not, I would love to hear
about it anyway :)

> > Do you have some mailing lists or other sources of information to get
> > notified of related works? Or could you consider creating some?
>
> We propose to create a private list called sysadmin-discuss for this
> purpose. Does that sound good to you?

This sounds good.

I took the habit of using a "-private" suffix to clearly identify such
lists; if you like this idea you might want to use it.

--
Sylvain