[Savannah-hackers-public] Admin position

From: Danny Hembree
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Admin position
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 16:25:37 -0800

I am Unix developer and system administrator with over 20 years experience. I've used open source and GNU software since it's inception. For the last 10 years I've focused on building server farms for internet services and writing software in PERL and C for administration and control of these facilities. I would be very interested in joining a project such as yours and request you consider the attached resume.
Daniel P. Hembree
13206 Aztec St.
Sylmar, CA 91342
Home: (818)364-1081
Cell: (818)866-8035
email: address@hidden
web site: http://www.dynamical.org/

Experience and Skills

Programming

Excellent programing skills in C, PERL, and SGML/DHTML. Comfortable with
C++, Java, assembly, and CORBA. I have used PHP, Javascript, Pascal,
Fortran, Lisp, TCL, and Scheme. I utilize a dynamical programing style
and am especially good at problem analysis and specification. I work at
the systems and application programming level with UNIX, VME, Macintosh,
and embedded computers.

Electronics

Skilled at communications and computer systems design, specification,
and integration, working extensively in television, radio, telephony,
electronic security and internet environs. I'm familiar with a wide
range of communications and networking protocols and all aspects of UNIX
systems administration.

Leadership

I'm very good at organizing a project from scratch and coordinating
the efforts of a team of technical workers.

Work History

Oct 01 - now
Chief Technical Officer DigitronicWeb.com

I Built and operated a server farm for an internet hosting company using Linux,
BSD, and MacOSX Servers. Worked as the principal developer and Sysadm. I Wrote
and installed packages and scripts for maintenance and control of the system as
well as software for billing and customer service. Trained and supervised
customer service reps and technicians.

Interliant Inc. ICOM Division, Hollywood CA, Developer/Sysadm
Jul 99 - May 01

Provided programs and system administration to one of the largest web
hosting companies. Developed a secure means for support personnel to
work in a UNIX shell environment along with methods to detect malicious
intrusions. Solved long standing problems web access, name servers,
POP/SMTP, and system logging. Developed an automated billing system that
kept track of a web hosting customer's features and packages and billed
them, in real time, with no manual intervention.

Mosler Electronic Security Systems, Northridge CA, Sr. Engineer
Nov 95-Mar 99

Principal developer for a COTS electronic alarm and access control
system used to guard nuclear weapons facilities for the Air Force. The
system is a network of redundant UNIX host controlling a network of
embedded computers used for alarm and access control. Converted
Mosler's commercial systems from an RS232 system to a networked system
and moved the character based user interface to an X window interface.

Megaphone Communications Systems, Las Vegas NV Owner/Engineer
July 1985-Oct 1995

Developed a UNIX based computer system used to control telephone
switches and provide billing, customer service, accounting and marketing
systems for small to medium sized long distance resellers. Trained
programmers and technicians to use "C" and UNIX as well as assembling,
configuring, and testing VME computer systems. Directed the production
of documentation and training of technicians, salespeople, and customer
service reps for clients. Specified the computer hardware and integrated
subsystems using TCP/IP, X25, HDLC, RS232, ethernet, and several custom
communications protocols. The system integrated computers using VME,
SPARC, MULTIBUS, NUBUS, PCI and EISA busses with SYS V, BSD, MACH, VAX,
OS-9/68k, MacOS, DOS, and Windows OS's as well as Siemens/Stromberg,
Northern Telecom, and DEC telephone switches. Wrote a RDBMS in 'C' and
sybsytems for automatic operators, call centers, ordering systems,
voice mail, and international callback. In support of the above I built
a nationwide software maintenance network.

Education and Training

University of Nevada at Las Vegas BA Computer Science 1983-85

University of New Mexico Journalism, 1972-76

Prince George community College, Largo MD. Psychology, 1969-70

Santa Ana Jr. College, Santa Ana CA. Psychology, 1965-67

USMC Infantry Training, Basic Electronics, Radar Fundamentals,
Aviation Fire Control, Nuclear Chemical and Biological Warfare, NCO
Leadership. 1963-70

Certificates

Java/CORBA- Java 1.2 CORBA IDL API
Microwave Associates- Microwave Engineering.
FCC- 1st Class Commercial License

References available