Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Admin position

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Admin position
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 10:19:13 +0200

Hi,

We indeed seek help with the Savannah daily maintenance.

A good place to start would be helping with reviewing projects
submissions. This will allow you to see how Savannah works, and what
ethical values we spread (for example, emphasizing 'free software'
over 'open source').

New documentation about Savannah can be found at:
http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/
Feel free to skim through these pages.

I'll send you privately another documentation in Texinfo. That one is
a bit outdated, but you only need to read the section on 'Project
Approvals'. This will explain you what checks we perform on incoming
projects.

I suggest you join #savannah at irc.freenode.net if that's possible
for you. Check also the SavannahHackerCommunication page on the wiki
to see which mailing lists you should consider subscribing to.

Do you already have an idea on what you want to contribute to?

--
Sylvain