[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [gnu.org #275925] GNU Mirrors list

From: Sylvain Beucler via RT
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [gnu.org #275925] GNU Mirrors list
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 12:59:24 -0500

Hi,

(Please resend me my complete original mail when you reply after 8
months - my memory has its limits :p)

On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 10:21:07AM -0500, D.E. Evans via RT wrote:
> > [beuc - Wed Feb 22 16:46:36 2006]:
> >
> > ftp://ftp.irisa.fr/pub/gnu/ does not mirror ftp.gnu.org anymore
>
> But it allows for ftp access to these resources.

I think what I was looking for was a list of URLs that do mirror
ftp.gnu.org. That's part of some idea I've been thinking about,
offering an auto-redirection to the nearest GNU mirror when
downloading a file via HTTP, instead of just using ftp.gnu.org out of
laziness.

I had talked with sysadmin about mirroring Savannah non-GNU as well
but they were busy, time to bring this up again :)

So to sum up, I may bug you again in the future to get a
machine-readable list of ftp.gnu.org HTTP mirrors :)

--
Sylvain