[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Overwriting bare repositories' master

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Overwriting bare repositories' master
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 23:42:28 +0100

Sylvain Beucler escreveu:
Hi,

Sorry for the delay, I was doing some teachings behind an unpractical
proxy during the last few days..

On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 03:18:03PM +0100, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
Sylvain Beucler escreveu:
On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 03:50:57PM +0100, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
Sylvain Beucler escreveu:
Ok, current I created http://git.sv.gnu.org/r/lilypond.git/ . It will
start appearing at http://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/ when non-empty.
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work:

address@hidden:~/g$ git pull ssh+git://git.sv.gnu.org/lilypond.git master:master
fatal: '/lilypond.git': unable to chdir or not a git archive
fatal: unexpected EOF
Fetch failure: ssh+git://git.sv.gnu.org/lilypond.git

address@hidden:~/g$ git pull ssh+git://git.sv.gnu.org/r/lilypond.git master:master
fatal: '/r/lilypond.git': unable to chdir or not a git archive
fatal: unexpected EOF
Fetch failure: ssh+git://git.sv.gnu.org/r/lilypond.git

address@hidden:~/g$ git pull ssh+git://git.sv.gnu.org/git/lilypond.git master:master
fatal: '/git/lilypond.git': unable to chdir or not a git archive
fatal: unexpected EOF
Fetch failure: ssh+git://git.sv.gnu.org/git/lilypond.git

The repository is empty at first, so you cannot pull from it.

yes, I know

You need something like:
  git push address@hidden:/srv/git/sources/administration.git
master:refs/heads/master

You probably went through a similar initial procedure at repo.or.cz.

the /srv/git/ is the essential bit of information that was missing. This should normally be mentioned on the gitweb page, but the gitweb pages don't mention a ssh+git address.

(note that it's actually ssh+git://git.sv.gnu.org/srv/git/lilypond.git )

I'm uploading the GIT repo from repo.or.cz as we speak.

THat's great. We'll start to play with this soon. In the meantime, could you also create an mftrace GIT repository? It should probably be a separate project on savannah too.
If it's officially part of GNU Lilypond, maybe it's better to keep it
as part of it - I let you see.
Any news on this?  I'd like it to be a separate project.

Oh, can you submit a new project at Savannah?

I already did. Should I resubmit?