[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: address@hidden

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: address@hidden
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 17:10:55 -0600

    apparently you use the ZopeAdmin interface to edit the wiki,

Only because I didn't know any other way to do it.
Using Zope wasn't fun.

    login through the ZopeAdmin interface, then on the 'maintenance'
    folder, then on the 'View' tab. You then return to the normal wiki
    interface, but the top-right "Edit" button is enabled.

Very good, thanks.  I will do that from now on.

    why is it recommended to create PROJECT-bugs and then alias it to
    bug-PROJECT?

Seems better for the savannah project owner to have some control over
creating the list and have it be part of their project, instead of
independently created and managed by us?  That is, since you went to the
trouble of making the mailing list feature work, shouldn't we use it :)?

As for making the bug-* name an alias, that's too deeply ingrained to
change now, I think.

    (Incidentally, I have in mind to allow a list of valid
    patterns for mailing list names, assigned by project group.)

So bug-PROJECT could be associated with a savannah PROJECT?  That would
be ideal.

Thanks,
Karl