Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Helping Savannah

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Helping Savannah
Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 14:11:31 +0200

> Hi,
>       This is Chandra Shekhar from Bangalore EMC data storage. I
> happen to read about you here http://www.fsf.org/ and came to know about
> current GNU project where the work is going on. Then I came to know
> about savannah where the free GNU software are hosted.
>
> It seems that there some work needs to be done for this site -
>
> - Help improve Savannah <http://savannah.gnu.org> . We are looking for
> technical volunteers to help handle pending project submissions, improve
> older PHP code, work on the Perl backend, and help with various
> anti-spam systems. If you can help with any of these items, please email
> us at <address@hidden> <mailto:address@hidden> . Improving
> Savannah will make development easier for the nearly 3,000 free software
> projects hosted there.
> Could you please let me know more in details as to what is the
> requirements?
> Thanks in advance,
> Shekhar.

Hi,

We setup a list of tasks where help is needed:
http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/SavaneTasks

Can you have a look at it and tell us what you are interested in?

The requirements are essentially good programming skills and a some
system administration background (depending on the tasks).

--
Sylvain