Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Copyrights.

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Copyrights.
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 13:42:26 -0600

    I see that some people have copyrights in the sort of abbreviated
    fashion that the gnu.org site referenced in the maintenance guide
    shows not to do. Or an author has his name listed on a separate line
    then the copyright. What if the copyright comes after the license
    notice. How strict should I get on this?

Not very.  None of these things are reasons to delay approval, let alone
reject, since the result is still legally valid.  It is good to mention
such things to the author, though (as you did).

Thanks,
Karl