[Savannah-hackers-public] php and savannah?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] php and savannah?
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 14:01:07 -0600

Looking at http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?8900, I find myself wondering
about hosting typical php projects on savannah since the php license is
regrettably incompatible with the GPL.  This particular project says
it's licensed under GPLv[23]+, but it's written in PHP and is a
web-based thing (unlike the previous one I approved, which just used the
cmdline php), so at first blush I'm thinking that can't be done.

Sylvain, I know we had a long discussion about this on licensing, but as
I recall the result was that the PHP license was clearly stated to be
free but incompatible with the GPL.  Are there other discussions about
hosting php-based projects on savannah I'm forgetting?  (Most likely. :)

?

Thanks,
Karl