Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] * See wiki * is not clear

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] * See wiki * is not clear
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 20:09:31 +0200

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 11:25:38AM -0500, Nicodemo Alvaro wrote:
> I think a single document would be a good idea.
>
> Here's an example of what happens.
>
> The reqiurements.php page seems to make certain things optional,
> especially, in the "Speaking about Free Software" section.  The HowTo
> comes after you create your name,  which we have requirments for. This
> will lead  to confusion, in my opinion.
>
> So, in speaking of patching Savannah
>
> I have rebase set to true, Current branch master is up to date.
>
> $ git config --get-regexp rebase
> branch.master.rebase true
> $ git pull
> Current branch master is up to date.
>
> I am not exactly sure what the signs are that gitk would tell you that
> there is something out of order. In the section that gives a merge
> diagram, it has a red dot next to it says "Local uncommited changes,
> not checked into index".

Hi,

If there's a branch in the latest commits, you did something wrong.
If the commit history is a straight line, then it's ready to be committed.

It's essentially a matter of clarify for people who receive the commit
notifications (1 commit instead of several commits), check the diffs
(the "merge" commits make things noisy), or review the history with
gitk (no need to make a branch when there's no actual branch).

If it's OK then please commit.

--
Sylvain