[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Review of Chrony

From: John Hasler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Review of Chrony
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 20:25:01 -0500

Mario Castelán Castro writes:
> Is not irrelevant, in free software is very important than you can
> take the whole or a part of a project and merge with another. Using
> GPL 2 only you prevent pepole to take a part of Chrony and merge with
> another project under the GPL 3 (Or later).

As some of us consider GPL 3 to be overreaching and possibly at risk of
being found to be copyright abuse, that is not all bad.

> AFAIR, the propose of nongnu.org is that, host free software but no
> GNU projects; i only sugest to menction the free software movement in
> Chrony, not to turn it a propaganda.

You made it sound like a requirement for approval.  If it isn't, why
mention it?

> My comment represents my opinion, not nessesry the GNU proyect
> opinion, nor the most savannah hackers opinion, i just like to help in
> the (dis)approval process of pending savannah projects. I are judging
> acording to my interpretation (Than can be wrong of course) of "How to
> get you proyect approved quickly"

I took your letter to be an official response to my application.  Is
that not the case?  If not, when can I expect an official response and
how will I know it when I see it?  (Though it may already be too late: I
showed your letter to the other Chrony developers and the reaction was
extremely negative).
--
John Hasler
address@hidden