[Savannah-hackers-public] "or any later" clause mandatory?

From: Sebastian Gerhardt
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] "or any later" clause mandatory?
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 17:54:35 +0100

Hi,

some days ago an applicant complained about being asked to relicense
with the "or any later" clause added to the GPL, while he didn't find
this requirement on Savannah's website.

I've always had the impression this was mandatory. But I also couldn't
find it on the requirement checklist.

If it is mandatory, we should extend sentence two of the checklist on
https://savannah.gnu.org/register/ to reflect this so that it doesn't
look so arbitrary when we point it out during review process.

Regards,
Sebastian