Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] loggerhead ideas?

From: Robert Collins
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] loggerhead ideas?
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 13:08:00 +1300

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 11:48 AM, Karl Berry <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Martin and John,
>
>    Uh, how complex is it going to be?
>
> I don't know.  The biggest problem with this whole thing is apparently
> that nobody has a clear idea of what, specifically, needs to be done and
> where and how.

Here are the variables that come to mind:
 - installed from source or package? If the former, upgrading is easy,
if the latter, we should do an upstream release and get a new package
into Debian backports (based on my memory of the savannah OS details).
 - running as a listening service (e.g. serve-branches) or a mod_wsgi
site in apache/nginx/whatever
 - running on a single server & domain, or more complexly (e.g. spread
across static + dynamic hosts, load balancing/HA configuration etc?)
 - how are the branches mapped to? local disk? http backend with
mapping logic? apache hintoffs?

Few things have changed in loggerhead affect these variables, except:
 - bzrlib dependencies
 - serve-branches is deprecated/deleted in favour of bzr serve --http

-Rob