Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] loggerhead ideas?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] loggerhead ideas?
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 23:27:40 GMT

     - installed from source or package? If the former, upgrading is easy,
    if the latter ...

Apparently source.  The last notes from Sylvain that I can find say this:

# loggerhead
cd /usr/src/
wget http://launchpad.net/loggerhead/1.6/1.6.1/+download/loggerhead-1.6.1.tar.gz
mkdir /var/log/apache2/loggerhead/
chown www-data: /var/log/apache2/loggerhead/
aptitude install python-paste python-pastedeploy python-simpletal
python-configobj
su www-data - -c "/usr/bin/serve-branches --host=127.0.0.1 /srv/bzr
--prefix=/lh > /var/log/apache2/loggerhead/debug.log 2>
/var/log/apache2/loggerhead/access.log"&

The above appears to be how it was installed in a previous incarnation.
I see nothing to indicate there is any loggerhead installation on the
current host.  (Things got wiped/reinstalled after the savannah
"Compromise2010".)

(sv admins: for the record, I'm getting this from infra/bzr.txt.)

     - running as a listening service (e.g. serve-branches) or a mod_wsgi
    site in apache/nginx/whatever

Apparently serve-branches, per above.  I see nothing to indicate
mod_wsgi is being used.

     - running on a single server & domain, or more complexly (e.g. spread
    across static + dynamic hosts, load balancing/HA configuration etc?)

Single server.  (An internal xen host off savannah.)

     - how are the branches mapped to? local disk? http backend with
    mapping logic? apache hintoffs?

Local disk as far as I know.

    Few things have changed in loggerhead affect these variables, except:
     - bzrlib dependencies
     - serve-branches is deprecated/deleted in favour of bzr serve --http

The bzr we have was apparently installed from a package:
aptitude install -t etch-backports bzr

  $ bzr --version
  Bazaar (bzr) 2.0.3
    Python interpreter: /usr/bin/python 2.5.2
    Python standard library: /usr/lib/python2.5
    Platform: Linux-2.6.26-2-xen-686-i686-with-debian-5.0.8
    bzrlib: /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/bzrlib
    Bazaar configuration: /root/.bazaar
    Bazaar log file: /root/.bzr.log
    [...]

So ... where to go next?