Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Niggamon // General Area Calculator

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Niggamon // General Area Calculator
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 23:51:36 GMT

Hi Marvin,

    I wanted to evaluate the project "Niggamon" and "The General Area
    Calculator",

Excellent.

    Niggamon: The code is nothing more than a skeleton. Well, it
    contains valid license headers and a COPYING file, and the only
    dependency is free. Does the code suffice?

That is pretty trivial code, but I think it's ok.  The fact that the
author inserted the right license headers is a good sign.  And maybe he
wants a repo before doing real development.

    GAC: The license headers are okay and there is a valid
    LICENSE.txt. The description is in English, but the program itself
    seems to be Spanish, both user interface and code.  We only accept
    English submissions, don't we? But what exactly does that mean?
    Does it only include the submission itself, or also the submitted
    program?

The submission itself.  We don't require that the actual software be in
(or support) English.  If we can understand the submission and it meets
the requirements, that is good.

I'm not sure if this is explicitly stated anywhere, but it seems
unimaginable to me that we want to require that all savannah-hosted
software be in English.

Thanks,
Karl