Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] [Savannah-cvs] [51] /usr/src/savane is no

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] [Savannah-cvs] [51] /usr/src/savane is no longer the live working copy.
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 18:11:47 -0600

Karl Berry wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
>     /usr/src/savane is no longer the live working copy.
>
> Sure it is.  Unless you changed every setting on the system to point
> somewhere else, which I really doubt :).

You are correct.  And nope.  I was confused by the copy on vcs.  It
was the copy on vcs that I knew was not used and that I moved out of
the way so that it wouldn't cause any more confusion.

I updated the wiki doc accordingly.

> I have edited files in frontend:/usr/src/savane and seen the changes
> reflected instantly.
>
> It's vcs:/usr/src/savane that was bogus and that you moved aside
> (thanks).

Yep.

> I do not know about the other vhosts, one way or the other.

I hope none of them have any more copies!  But you never know.  :-)

>     There are *three* different savane related repositories.
>
> I did not understand that until a few weeks ago when Michael said so.
> I thought I did put it in the wiki already, somewhere.

I couldn't really find the best place for it.  I hate to add to the
number of references but I am thinking of creating a new page.  I
wouldn't normally be looking for it under SavaneTasks for example.
And SavaneRewrite really should be for the rewrite.  Maybe a
SavaneAdmin page.

> Ineiev added notes to the public info of all three projects about the
> status.

Which public info?

I just now changed the description of the rewrite to say "Savane
Framework Rewrite in Python/Django".  And just now changed the
savane-cleanup to say "Savane clean-up fork from main live savane".
Basically just added some clarifying words to the end of the existing
descriptions.

> There is no "archive" per se, so I don't know what more can be
> done without losing it.

Documenting them now that we understand them seems sufficient.

> More commitinfo "this repository is frozen" stuff maybe?

I like that idea.  Will do.  Will put in a git hook for them that
works similarly to the subversion hook recently discussed.

Bob