Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah ticket notification addresses

From: Sylvain
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah ticket notification addresses
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 00:27:39 +0200

Hi Bob (and everyone),

On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 04:00:24PM -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Here is a rhetorical question.
>
> The Savannah Administration project on Savannah has two ticket
> submission portals.  One is "Support" and the other is "Task".
> Submissions to Support go to the savannah-hackers mailing list.[1]
> Submissions to Task go to the savannah-hackers-public mailing list.
>
> Does anyone else find that to be quite confusing too?  Is there a
> reason those don't both go to the same mailing list?  (Of course I am
> free to combine them in my mailbox.)

In theory, what I setup was:
- savannah-help-public = user support requests
  Support for punctual help goes there
- savannah-hackers-public = discussions among Savannah Hackers
  Long-term Tasks go there

Of course users tend to send requests to Support, Tasks, and/or
savannah-users@, so things get messy :)

There are way too many lists on the adminitration project but at the
same time it's not easy to please everyone wrt trafic&privacy.

--
Sylvain