Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Migrate gnu.org/nongnu.org from CVS

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Migrate gnu.org/nongnu.org from CVS
Date: Thu, 01 May 2014 16:31:27 -0400

address@hidden writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if you had a grand plan to migrate from CVS to Git for
> the gnu.org/nongnu.org webpages.
> It could also be done by letting projects specify the update method
> so we avoid a hairy troll, if we have the manpower to support that ;)
>
> I'm willing to give a hand, using my past Savannah and current Gna.org
> admin experience (FYI Gna is using a Subversion branch for webpages).
>
> I'm adding sysadmin@ and sv-hackers@ in Cc: to discuss :)

There was quite a bit of discussion on address@hidden about this
previously. But that was to move to bzr. Maybe given the discussion
among Emacs developers, people would want to consider git now.

We don't have the sysadmin resources to drive a change from CVS right
now (though it is something we would get to at some point), but if
others took up the cause and were able to help a lot with the work, we
would do our best to facilitate as it's something we'd love to see done
successfully this year.

-john

GPG Key: 61A0963B | http://status.fsf.org/johns | http://fsf.org/blogs/RSS

<http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=8096>.