Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Willing to Assist with Bazaar

From: Richard Wilbur
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Willing to Assist with Bazaar
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 07:37:27 -0600

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 2:40 PM, Assaf Gordon <address@hidden> wrote:

> (combining several questions at once)
>
> On 09/10/2014 03:59 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>>> Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 22:52:39 +0300 From: Eli Zaretskii

>>> Which version of bzr do you have?  I think there's a built-in
>>> command in latest bzr versions that shadows the one I meant.
>

> Tested (and doesn't work) with bzr 2.6.0dev2 on Debian 7 and 2.7.0dev1 on
> Ubuntu 14.04 .
> I'm now thinking that perhaps it has something to do with GNU Savannah's
> configuration of hosting multiple projects/branches under one repository.
> But still - I'm looking for a way to get the list, as it seems most BZR
> projects do use this method.

bzr branches
is provided by the bzrtools plugin.  What do you mean by "doesn't work"?
Does it give an error message?

I've included some interaction with bzr v2.1.4 on my local machine.
address@hidden:~/src/bzr$ bzr branches .

address@hidden:~/src/bzr$ bzr info
Standalone tree (format: 2a)
Location:
  branch root: .

Related branches:
    push branch: bzr+ssh://bazaar.launchpad.net/%2Bbranch/bzr/
  parent branch: bzr+ssh://bazaar.launchpad.net/%2Bbranch/bzr/
  submit branch: bzr+ssh://bazaar.launchpad.net/~vexo/bzr/fix-1123460/
address@hidden:~/src/bzr$ cd ..
address@hidden:~/src$ bzr branches
bzr
bzr-dbus
bzr-fastimport
bzr-git
bzr_test
hydrazine
trac-bzr
wp_osm/osm
address@hidden:~/src$

At first (~/src/bzr), I was in a branch so 'bzr branches' didn't show
any branches contained at that level of the directory hierarchy, but
'bzr info' showed information about the current branch.

When I went up one level to the repository, 'bzr branches' showed all
the branches under that level.