Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Willing to Assist with Bazaar

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Willing to Assist with Bazaar
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 18:51:42 +0300

> Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 11:36:43 -0400
> From: Assaf Gordon <address@hidden>
>
> Eli's previous comment is relevant, perhaps I'm asking the wrong question:
> What I'm trying to do is get a commit log from a BZR URL listed on Savannah,
> here:
>    http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/
>
> If there's another way which does not involve listing branches, please let me
> know.

I don't think you can get a log of bzr commits, except in the context
of a branch.  Bzr is deeply branch-centric in its philosophy and in
its implementation.  A repo in bzr is just a way to save some disk
storage by keeping commits common to several branches only once.  But
the basic history unit is still a branch, even if you have several of
them in a shared repo.

That said, a branch in bzr is a separate directory, so perhaps you
could simply produce a commit log in each of these directories?  Would
that be enough?  (I guess to answer that you will need to tell what
you intend to do with the log ;-)