Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] [task #14586] svn import for gnustep-nonfs

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] [task #14586] svn import for gnustep-nonfsf
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 23:09:33 -0600

Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> Karl Berry wrote:
> > cvs shouldn't/can't be disabled because it remains the only way to deal with
> > web pages (forhttp://gnustep-nonfsf.nongnu.org) on savannah, unfortunately.
>
> our repository comes from the defunct "GNA" which was still running savane.
> It contains our web page repository!
> Does it mean it cannot be used (I actually checked and the website doesn't
> show= ) and we need to put it in CVS?

The problem is that Savannah does not host the web pages.  If Savannah
did then we would support svn and git and the others for web pages.
But the web pages are hosted on www.gnu.org/software/$PROJECT and that
is maintained by the FSF.  We do not have access to the FSF systems.
The FSF require CVS for updating those pages.  There isn't anything us
Savannah folks can do about it.

> It would mean that GNA from FSFE was more advanced :-P

Yes.  There is no disagreement there.

Bob