Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] old vcs replaced by nfs1

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] old vcs replaced by nfs1
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2019 14:37:46 -0600

Bob Proulx wrote:
> All of the active version control systems are online.  The one
> exception being 'arch' (tla) which has not been on vcs but has
> uniquely been on download.  I am moving it from download to vcs with
> this transition.  I know this is legacy and not very actively used but
> there is still project source there that are not elsewhere and
> therefore it should be maintained.

Read-only access to arch is online okay.  However write access to arch
is documented as using sftp and sftp has been actively disabled since
8-Nov-2016 due to the security problem that allows it escape the
capture restrictions and have access to the entire file system.
Although there have been users asking for sftp access none of them
have been for arch commit access.  Therefore I think that arch
read-only access is sufficient and good to go.

Bob