[Savannah-hackers-public] old vcs replaced by nfs1

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] old vcs replaced by nfs1
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2019 13:18:33 -0600

Savannah Hackers,

Today I moved the backend storage from old vcs to the new nfs1.  This
increases the disk space and moves onto the new cephs storage.  This
completes the many year task to have all of Savannah running on
systems with active security team support.

Some details...

I have re-organized data storage locations.  CVS being the originally
supported version control it had the privileged seat at /sources and
the web pages at /web.  I moved those to /srv/cvs/sources and to
/srv/cvs/web respectively for those two.  It's now simply one of the
many in the array.  It still isn't completely regular with the
others.  I will aim at making it so eventually.

All of the active version control systems are online.  The one
exception being 'arch' (tla) which has not been on vcs but has
uniquely been on download.  I am moving it from download to vcs with
this transition.  I know this is legacy and not very actively used but
there is still project source there that are not elsewhere and
therefore it should be maintained.

The last of the migration is the sv_groups cronjob.  Previously
running on vcs I need to review it and enable it on vcs0.  Originally
it would make local /etc/group groups based upon projects in the
database hence the name.  But that is obsolete since using
libnss-mysql-bg to directly map database groups into system accounts.
However it now, uselessly, reads every database group and verifies
that each database group is in the database and then would create a
new group in the database for any group that is in the database but is
not in the database.  Which takes some minutes to run every half hour!
Also doing the same on download0.

Usefully important though that sv_groups script is the process that
creates new version control repositories when the web UI checkbox for
that feature is enabled.  That feature is still needed and is
currently offline.  I need to finalize the 'arch' data before enabling.

Bob