[Savannah-hackers-public] GNU gdbm CVS source sync discontinuance

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] GNU gdbm CVS source sync discontinuance
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2019 20:18:56 -0600

Hello Sergey,

As I review things on Savannah I found the CVS source for GNU gdbm has
been hosted on rsync://gnu.org.ua/cvs-software/gdbm/gdbm and rsync'd
to Savannah's cvs repository as a secondary for distribution.
Savannah has a long history of mirroring projects like this.  Glad we
could help out.

It seems that GNU gdbm has migrated away from CVS at some point and is
now using git for some time.  I find that cvs is no longer enabled as
a feature on the Savannah web UI and is therefore not listed to users
looking for source for it.  All fine and good.

However all of this while Savannah's vcs has been sync'ing the CVS
repository every hour.  Periodically I saw transient failures and
other Internet glitching.  But probably now since it is no longer
being used and we are moving the storage back-end is a good time to
discontinue this sync'ing.

Assuming that you agree I have already turned off the hourly rsync
from rsync://gnu.org.ua/cvs-software/gdbm/gdbm.  I am thinking that is
okay and probably everyone has forgotten about the CVS source by now.

As it so happens gdbm was the last of the remotely hosted projects.

Bob