Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] GNU gdbm CVS source sync discontinuance

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] GNU gdbm CVS source sync discontinuance
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2019 17:37:24 -0600

Hi Sergey,

> > As it so happens gdbm was the last of the remotely hosted projects.
>
> Perhaps so, if we're speaking about CVS repos.

I was.  And specifically the ones that were being rsync'd from remote
systems into cvs.sv.gnu.org to mirror them there.  There have always
been a handful of repositories that were elsewhere on people's home
basement servers and such and that allowed them to be commited locally
but then sync'd to cvs.sv.gnu.org for the wider audience.

> However, there are still four GNU projects that are hosted on
> Puszcza and whose git repositories used to be synchronized with
> Savannah. These are: gdbm (sic!), direvent, rush, and dico. Git
> repos were pulled from git.gnu.org.ua four times a day, if my memory
> serves me. However, at some point in the past replication stopped.

I looked around but I cannot see where that would be done or would
have been done.  Therefore any sync there must be lost in the shuffle
somewhere along the way.  Sorry.

> I have synchronized them manually a couple of times since then, but
> it would be preferable to restore automatic synchronization, of
> course. Could you take a look at this, please?

In git would it be easiest to have Puszcza push in a hook?

Bob