Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] GNU gdbm CVS source sync discontinuance

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] GNU gdbm CVS source sync discontinuance
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2019 22:01:14 +0300

Hi Bob,

> As I review things on Savannah I found the CVS source for GNU gdbm has
> been hosted on rsync://gnu.org.ua/cvs-software/gdbm/gdbm and rsync'd
> to Savannah's cvs repository as a secondary for distribution.
[...]
> Assuming that you agree I have already turned off the hourly rsync
> from rsync://gnu.org.ua/cvs-software/gdbm/gdbm.

Thanks for doing so. Surely CVS is not needed any longer.

> As it so happens gdbm was the last of the remotely hosted projects.

Perhaps so, if we're speaking about CVS repos. However, there are still
four GNU projects that are hosted on Puszcza and whose git repositories
used to be synchronized with Savannah. These are: gdbm (sic!), direvent,
rush, and dico. Git repos were pulled from git.gnu.org.ua four times a
day, if my memory serves me. However, at some point in the past replication
stopped. I have synchronized them manually a couple of times since then,
but it would be preferable to restore automatic synchronization, of
course. Could you take a look at this, please?

Best regards,
Sergey