savannah-hackers

[sr #111018] Protect against new kind of spam

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [sr #111018] Protect against new kind of spam
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2024 17:32:14 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #1, sr#111018 (group administration):

I've just seen this on tug.org lists too. So far, the examples I've seen have
a misspelling in the Subject: line, and change the name of the real poster
slightly.

Anyway, I don't think there's any general way to deal with it, just like
there's been no general way to deal with previous waves of spam using various
new methods. We'll just have to be extra careful in approving.

I think future dates are already one of the many factors in guessing whether a
msg is spam or not. But these dates seem to be in the future by only a few
hours, or not at all, depending on the timezone and when it is read. I'm not
sure spamassassin has a factor for that.

Thanks for bringing this up.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?111018>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.nongnu.org/