savannah-hackers

[sr #111018] Protect against new kind of spam

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [sr #111018] Protect against new kind of spam
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2024 18:24:06 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #4, sr#111018 (group administration):

I can't imagine a way to guess at what links are valid vs. spam, myself.
Sometimes the existing filters will detect it. It's all so probabilistic, no
way to know for sure.

In any case, thanks for the suggestion. Something to think about. We're always
tinkering with the filtering.

BTW, I have not seen an onslaught of such spam. Usually such things come in
waves of thousands, not a message here or there. Can only be grateful ...

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?111018>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.nongnu.org/