Re: screen on linux console

From: Phil!Gregory
Subject: Re: screen on linux console
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 23:38:53 -0400

* Zenaan Harkness <address@hidden> [2004-07-20 08:54 +1000]:
> When I run screen in a Linux console (not in X), and when I create new
> screens (C-a C-c), my status line prints correctly, but I also get a
> beep, and then this line printed:
>
> ;;0-$ bash

That seems odd.  At a guess, screen's putting out terminal escape
sequences that the linux console doesn't recognize.  In the console,
before you attach to screen, what is the value of $TERM?  You might also
have something odd set in your .screenrc; can you put that on the web
anywhere?

--- --
I can absorb unbounded numbers of science fiction or antique technical
books!
                       -- Al Snell