action upon re-attach

From: John Davidorff Pell
Subject: action upon re-attach
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 00:31:37 -0700

Is there a way to make screen perform a particular action whenever it is re-attached to?

What I would like to do is create a new window, with a new shell in it, every time I re-attach. I generally only re-attach if I need a new window, in a different terminal window, so I end up opening a new terminal, re-attaching, and making a new window. I'm hoping to cut out one step.

Any tips would be appreciated. :-)

JP

--
". . . Through the cold and darkness