Re: Screen windows locking

From: Phil!Gregory
Subject: Re: Screen windows locking
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 13:23:04 -0400

* Suso Banderas <address@hidden> [2004-10-18 16:11 +0000]:
>   For the past couple years of using screen, I've had this problem with
> individual screen window (1 out of about 5 or 6) just locking up on me.

Are you using multi-attach?

I've run into this problem before when one of my multi-attached displays
stops accepting output.  (In my case, it's usually from an ssh session
that died without notifying one of the endpoints.  The OS keeps trying to
send data, and eventually the buffer fills up and further writes block.)
I usually have to wait until the ssh session times out and screen is
firmly told that nor more data will be accepted to that display.

I recently found screen's 'nonblock' command.  It looks like turning this
on will help me out.

--- --
Like the ski resort full of girls hunting for husbands and husbands
hunting for girls, the situation is not as symmetrical as it might seem.
                       -- Alan MacKay