Re: Screen windows locking

From: Buddy Burden
Subject: Re: Screen windows locking
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 14:05:14 -0400

Suso,

  So I'm wondering, do this happen to anyone else?  Could something that
I'm typing or viewing be causing this?

For many years, I had this problem, and I eventually discovered that it only happened when I let my finger linger on the Ctrl key while using ^A-' (i.e., I was hitting Ctrl-A Ctrl-', whatever that might be). It hasn't happened to me in many moons, but I can't tell whether that's because I eventually trained my fingers not to do it, newer versions of screen don't have the problem, the problem only showed up on a particular OS that I used to use but don't use any more, or what.

OTOH, I've also seen the problem that Phil's talking about, so maybe that's it instead.

                -- Buddy