Re: screen with 256 color xterm

From: Jeremy Chadwick
Subject: Re: screen with 256 color xterm
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 15:47:58 -0700

Using TERM=xterm-256color does not fix it, as expected, as I believe
the problem to be with screen and not the environment.  :-)

I'll repeat myself: using TERM=xterm works fine outside of screen,
yadda yadda.  I've even bothered to try some custom .screenrc hacks
using termcapinfo, thinking some of the extra parameters need to be
defined (AB=ESC[48;5;%dm  and  AF=ESC[38;5;%dm) -- doesn't fix it.

Also, in case the system OS is in question: confirmed to happen on
both FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE and 5.4-STABLE.  Again, termcap is not at
fault here (we do not use terminfo on FreeBSD), as it works fine
outside of screen.

| Making life hard for others since 1977.                             |