Re: screen-256color terminfo entry?

From: cga2000
Subject: Re: screen-256color terminfo entry?
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 19:35:16 -0400

On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 07:00:49AM EDT, Nikolai Weibull wrote:
> On 5/11/06, cga2000 <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> >Have you experienced anything like this?
>
> Not with my definition.  Perhaps you can give it a try?  It's the same
> as that of screen, except for the definition of setab, setaf, colors,
> pairs, and the name.  I'm not sure if the value of pairs is actually
> correct, but it's what xterm uses so I figured it'd do.

Hello Nikolai,

Yes, I would definitely like to give your terminfo a shot. So far I
have not been able to find it. I did find one post with your Xdefault
file, your .screenrc and some zsh def's but not the terminfo entry.

I would mainly like to diff it with Stephane's and also check whether
it makes any difference regarding my issue with groff/man. Might help
shed some light on what's wrong with my setup.

Please check my reply to Stephane for additional details.

Also, since you are/were pretty much into the 256-color business
so-to-speak.. I was wondering if your terminfo entry addresses another
annoying little issue I have where colored backgrounds are truncated to
the length of the text rather than going to the full length of the line.

This affects mutt, elinks, and an irc client called "weechat" - all
of them ncurses applications.

Here's a screenshot of weechat-ncurses:

   http://www.geocities.com/cga9999/wee.png

Seen anything like this in mutt for instance?

The lines with the date and time & and a cyan background on the
right-handside of the display. In mutt this results in the highlight
line in the message index changing length as I scroll up/down the list
of message, the status line and the "help line" at the top of the
screen being truncated etc.

If not exactly the same problem, this seems to be rather similar to the
one I'm having with groff/man/less so I thought I should mention it in
this thread.

Thanks,

cga