Re: Hard status line in vertical split mode.

From: jieryn
Subject: Re: Hard status line in vertical split mode.
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 11:08:52 -0400

Hello,

On 9/19/07, Michael Schroeder
<address@hidden> wrote:
> If you compile xterm with '--enable-rectangles', it'll understand
> some extra commands:
>
> DECCRA  Copy rectangular area
> DECERA  Erase rectangular area
> DECFRA  Fill rectangular area
> DECSERA Selective erase rectangular area
> DECCARA Change attributes in rectangular area
> DECRARA Reverse attributes in rectangular area
> DECSACE Select attribute change extent

How do I take advantage of these commands? I'm using c3270 (curses
based TN3270 client) inside screen and have a great need to be able to
select / copy / paste rectangle areas. I suppose I could bind a screen
command to the \e[ blah blah for each DECxxx but I'm not seeing how it
will allow me to physically start a rectangle selection, either..

If anyone has solved this, please give me a hand.. I've struggled with
this for about a year, and have all but given up.

Thanks!
-jieryn