scripting screen windowlist?

From: Brian Kroth
Subject: scripting screen windowlist?
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 09:09:01 -0500

Hello all,

I'm trying to create a script that will send some text to particular
screen windows using the "at" and "stuff" commands.  To do this I need
to be able to get the current list of windows from my script, which is
run within one of the other screen windows.  Is there a way to dump the
output of "windowlist" to a file, or some other mechanism that I could
get at this data?  I've tried with logging and hardcopy but they both
dump the underlying window contents.

Thanks,
Brian