Re: how to kill some borked elements in screen

From: Dan Mahoney, System Admin
Subject: Re: how to kill some borked elements in screen
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 12:38:51 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 28 May 2009, Albert Vilella wrote:

Hi,

I've got a screen session with about a dozen of terminals, and a couple of them
are basically unresponsive.
I can navigate to them in screen, but they don't respond. Is there a way to
kill them or hide them so that
they don't show up when navigating down to all my terminals?

Ctrl-a K, when on the unresponsive screen, or ctrl-a, :kill [enter].

The manpage says this:

Note: Emacs users should keep this command in mind, when killing a line. It is recommended not to use "C-a" as the screen escape key or to rebind kill to "C-a K".

But that is what it came bound to by default on my system. Perhaps outdated docs?

-Dan

--

"You're a daddy.  I'm a mommy.  She's our baby.  Deal with it."

-Cali, 11/7/02, about 1:35 AM